Making a foundation slab for the basement floor (Construction #3)

| ۩ |


To avoid misunderstandings, let’s say right away that more than foundation it’s a concrete slab placed between the previously made base (ch.1)and the vertical structures of the basement.

After drawing the plan in pencil on the base, I mark out the areas where I want to make the slab with wooden strips the same thickness as the bricks I’ll be using to make the floor. To make it easier for the cement to set on the (otherwise too smooth) surface, I make a grid of grooves with an awl and the Dremel. Then I prepare a small amount of cement and fill the molds, leveling everything with the spatula.


The next day, I remove the wooden slats and clean the base of concrete residue. I also drill four holes in the corners, which, according to the plan, should serve as joints for the internal metal reinforcement. I later decide not to use them, partly because of the changes to the structures that we’ll see in the next chapters.



Now the perimeter walls, the pillars and the stairwell are clearly visible. You can also see, on two sides, the space that will be occupied by the public road, under which some structures are being studied. I’ll deal with that later.




Now, finally, green light to the bricks!


If you liked this content,
take a look at my BOOKS. 
You'll find much more! 


 




0 comments:

Posta un commento