Learn more about Domus project

| ۩ |


  • What is "Domus project"?
Answer #1 - It's the construction in scale 1:50 of a late medieval palace in the style of Genoa (my hometown), built brick by brick using real construction materials or similars.
It's neither a plastic model nor a dollhouse, as it tries to reply the real structure in its execution and not only in its appearance.

Answer #2 - It's a way to give vent to my creativity and to fix a long run goal, keeping my mind busy to avoid wasting time on trivial matters such as politics, tv, football and religion.


  • When the construction did begin?
I started working on the Domus in July, 2009, after a few months of stduy and prior research. However, the project is still in development and it changed much since then. Now it includes a tower and some more volumes.

  • What is the project schedule?
There is no deadline. As the work progresses I'll show the developments on this blog, hoping someone will be intersted in reading it.
Right now I still don't know of how many structures the final complex will be formed, so it is probable that it will follow me for the rest of my days, unless natural disasters or disabling accidents.

  • Why just a genoese palace?
First of all, because it's my hometown. Then, because no palace in the whole town preserved its original features through the centuries, and many are in very bad conditions. I've always wondered what could be their look at the time of their construction.

  • Where did you learned your architectural skills?
I attended an art high school where I studied the fundamentals of architecture and drawings, but It wasn't my purpose to be an architect. I work as a professional artist in the comic industry, and this is my personal page.
I learned my superficial knowledge about medieval construction on the internet and some books I bought to go ahead with my project.
So I'm not a big expert in the field and  it's more than possible that some details of my work are not 100% reliable. I'm always looking for documentary evidences, but more things I'll learn on the way...


  • Can I give you suggestions or point out some error?
It is your ethical duty!
But if you're only trying to say I'm making a s**t work, please use the star rating system below every post.

  • Where do you find all the materials?
Anywhere. On the street, in the countryside, along the rivers, on the beach...
They proceed largerly from wastes or reuse of other objects. I find especially inspiring to create something new from garbage.
I buy the rest (glues, accessories, tools) in DIY or hardware stores


  • Where is the Domus? Is it possible to see?
The construction site is set in my home in Granada, Spain. It's 2000km far from its original town, but in the end, Christophorus Columbus also came here to make real his "american" dream...
The only way to see it (for now) is contacting me via e-mail, gain my confidence and take a trip to Andalusia. But I must say... its size is so small that it could result in a disappointment.


  • I like your project. How can I help?
You can follow the Domus project on Patreon.com becoming one of my patrons! If it is your will, I'll put your name on the Patrons' Wall with a link of your choice. Every month you'll get access to special contents and to downloadable posts in .pdf files (in English).
Also don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Instagram, and freely share any content with your friends!

  • But in the end, WHY are you doing it?
Because nobody told me to do it.

(If you have some more question feel free to ask in the comment form. If I consider it appropriate, I'll add my answers to this post.)




4 comments:

Rosa e Pisce ha detto...

such amazing works

Werner Maresta ha detto...

Thank you! ;)

ArielKn ha detto...

I really enjoy looking on your work, thank you very much

Werner Maresta ha detto...

Thank you, Ariel!

Posta un commento