Construction 20: Finishing the vaults

27/03/12 | ۩ |


As I did for the floor and the walls, now it's time to give the finishing touch to the vaults.

I cut the pieces to perfectly fit in their place, then I prepare the grout with concrete and water and I spread it on the inner surface of the vault to fill every joint.
Then, before the concrete is completely dry I remove the excess with a damp cloth.


I give the last touch with fine-grained sandpaper and you can see below the result on the first cross vault. Previous images refer to the vault with stone framed manhole, but the process is the same.


In the meanwhile, the cellar walls start growing up, following the curve shape of the vaults (I'll cut them later with more precision). Between every curve I place a stone frame where the vault will lean on.







0 commenti:

Posta un commento

Related Posts with Thumbnails